Sleep up to 5 people
Three cabins: the Hawthorne; the Nettle & the Mullein (wheelchair accessible)
$114 / night on weekdays $129 /night on weekends for up to two adults as well as their children. There is an additional $30 per night when more than 2 adults are occupying a cabin.
Minimum night stay: Minimum stay is generally two nights except on summer weekends (July long to September long) as well as long weekends when it is three nights. We will rent for a one-night stay as available only on short notice.
Full Week Rental: $750.00 (Friday night to the following Friday morning)
Half Payment for bookings is required at the time of booking. The other half will be charged 7 to 14 days prior to the booking arrival date.
Rental price always includes use of dock, canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, trails and playground
Please bring loonies for the shower. Bags of wood and wood for the sauna are $10 each.
Built with timbers from a local sawmill, our dove-tail log cabins offer an ideal home base to venture out from and explore the surrounding land and lake. All three cabins have a cathedral ceiling with a loft sleeping area, large windows that let in lots of natural light and contain simple, rustic furnishings. They are equipped with a woodstove, kitchenette, composting toilet and solar lighting. Outside they have a porch with comfortable seating as well as a picnic area with additional seating and fire pit with a grill.
The Hawthorn cabin is located on a hilltop above a feral apple orchard and overlooks the lake. It is a short walk down to the dock and even shorter walk to get to the wood-fired sauna.
The Mullein cabin is wheelchair accessible and is located near the playground and shower-house. It is a short walk down to the dock and to the wood-fired sauna.
The Nettle cabin is set back into mixed forest and is the first cabin we built. It is located next to the trailhead, providing immediate access to explore the Mink Bay trail network. It is a short walk down to the dock and to the wood-fired sauna.
- Loft bedroom with queen bed and pull-out twin mattress (mattresses are foam with wipe-able covers)
- Queen-size futon on the main floor
- Indoor dining and sitting area
- Kitchenette with ice-box (Hawthorne has a minifridge), dishes and cookware including French press coffee maker, dishpan and soap, drinking water and wash water
- Indoor 2 burner propane stove
- wood-stove for heating with firewood included for indoor fires (Hawthorne also has a space heater)
- Outdoor sitting area with picnic table, two Adirondack chairs and fire pit with grill
- Solar-powered lighting and plugs for charging phones, cameras, etc.
- Indoor composting toilet
- Access to pay-shower building on-site
- Porch with comfortable seating
- Check-In: Check-in is between 3 pm and 9 pm. If you will be arriving later than 9 pm, let us know and we will make arrangements for a self check-in with a letter and map.
- Check-Out: Check-out is by 11 am. Gear must be loaded into vehicles by 11 to allow us to clean the cabins before the arrival of our next guests but you are welcome to stay on-site until later in the day.
- Minimum night stay: Minimum stay is generally two nights except for long weekends and summer weekends (July long to September long) when it is three nights. We will rent for a one-night stay as available only on short notice.
- Payment: Half Payment is required at time of booking. The remainder will be charged 7 to 14 days prior to the booking arrival date.
- Cancellation: If you cancel with 30 days or more notice we will refund your entire payment minus a $25 administration fee per unit rented.
- If you cancel with less than 30 days notice we will refund half your payment.
- If you cancel with less than 14 days notice we will not refund your payment. In cases of occasional spring or fall blizzards that make travel here precarious we will refund the full amount. Please note this does not apply to cold temperatures, only storms.
- Pets: Dogs are permitted in the cabins. All other types of pets are not. There is an additional charge of $15 per dog. Dogs must be well-behaved, reasonably quiet and on-leash at all times when outside. Dogs must be kept off the furniture and cleaned up after both inside and out. Dogs must not be left alone in the cabins or on the porch unless kenneled. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in additional charges.
- Groups: If you are interested in booking the entire resort for a group event contact us by email and we can discuss rates and options.
Book a Log Cabin
GREEN is available, ORANGE is unavailable.
- During the summer (July long to September long) check-in days will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday (MWF).
- Check-out days will be on MWF as well, so it will continue to be two day minimum, except on the required 3 days weekends where the check-out day for the summer months is now Monday.
- You can stay longer than the next check-in day but checkouts will still need to be on a following MWF. Two free bags of firewood will be included each time you stay through the next check out day.
- Log Cabins weekdays $114, weekends $129
- Tiny Cabins weekdays $100, weekends $115
- Prospector Tents weekdays $89, weekends $104
- Retro Camper weekdays $89, weekends $104