Available: May to October
Sleep up to 5 people
Four tents available: the Goldenrod; the Sumac; the Hyssop & the Dandelion
$89/night on weekdays and $99/night on weekends for up to two adults as well as their children. There is an additional $30 per night when more than 2 adults are occupying a tent.
Minimum night stay: Minimum stay is generally two nights except long weekends when it is three nights. We will rent for a one-night stay as available only on short notice.
Full Week Rental: $599.00 (Friday evening to the following Friday morning)
Full payment for your booking is required at time of reservation.
Rental price includes: use of dock, wood-fired sauna, canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, trails and playground
Situated on a hilltop among burr oak, white pine and birch, our fully-furnished canvas lodge-pole prospector tents offer the opportunity to be surrounded by the beauty of nature while still providing protection from its less comfortable elements. The netting on the front means the canvas flaps can be left open to allow breezes to enter and also provides views of the stars.
All four tents are framed internally with rough-sawn lumber and externally with stripped poplar lodge poles with wooden floors. The interiors contain simple, rustic furnishings and solar lighting. For cooking there are kitchenettes on the porches as well as a picnic area that includes a fire pit with a grill. Composting toilets are located nearby. The tents are located in a clearing that is surrounded by a bear fence and are a short walk from the public shower, dock, playground, wood-fired sauna and hiking trails.
The Goldenrod tent has a view of the water and is located beneath a large white pine.
The Hyssop and Sumac tents face onto a shared open meadow and have private picnic areas to the side of the tents.
The Dandelion tent faces away from the meadow and its picnic area is directly in front of the porch.
Bunk bed with double mattress on bottom and twin on top (mattresses are foam with wipe-able covers)
Indoor dining and sitting area
Outdoor kitchenette on porch with 2-burner propane cook-top, ice-box, dishes and cookware including French press coffee maker, dishpan and soap, drinking water and wash water
Outdoor sitting area with picnic table, two Adirondack chairs and fire pit with grill
Solar-powered lighting and single plug for charging phones, cameras, etc.
Bug-screen over full front of tent and back window allowing for air movement with option to close canvas panels for more privacy or keep heat in on cooler nights.
Composting toilet nearby
Located in bear-fenced enclosure
- Check-In: Check-in is between 3 pm and 8pm. If you will be arriving later than 8 pm, let us know and we will make arrangements for a self check-in with a letter and a map.
- Check-Out: Check-out is by 11 am. Gear must be loaded into vehicles by 11 to allow us to clean the tents before the arrival of our next guests but you are welcome to stay on-site until later in the day.
- Minimum night stay: Minimum stay is generally two nights except long weekends when it is three nights. We will rent for a one-night stay as available only on short notice.
- Full payment for your booking is required at time of reservation.
- Cancellation: If you cancel with 30 days or more notice we will refund your entire payment minus a $25 administration fee per unit rented.
- If you cancel with less than 30 days notice we will refund half your payment.
- If you cancel with less than 7 days notice we will not refund your payment.
- Pets: Pets are not allowed in the prospector tents
- Groups: All four tents can be rented together for group camping for $ 225/ night during the week and $285/night on weekends. Please contact us by email if you are interested in a group booking. If you are interested in booking the entire resort for a group event contact us and we can discuss rates and options.